Thursday, October 29, 2015

Inaugural Y1'15 Post!!

Hi Sperckle!!

  I'm Kirsten and I'm a not-yet-initiated Perc who's scared to death for her upcoming Inunion (especially since I left my DRUMSTICKS [and not to mention my waterbottle and pencil agh] in the band room so I CAN'T PRACTICE AND QC2 IS ON MONDAY) (I'll take up Megan's suggestion and use chopsticks) and I'll be writing my very first post here today! *inserts party hat emoji*

  Today was a little bit more eventful than most Prac days! Janika kept going on about Senpais and pedoing her juniors, which was a kind of traumatic experience; Faith's foot started bleeding??; Megan thinks that she sprained her ankle (or sustained some other injury of the same calibre); Lohitha exemplified being a housekeeping blessing by staying back to yell at the rubbish in the many dark dark corners of the Percs area; and we saw Victoria dancing really enthu-ly!!

  But that all happened during Sectionals from 2.30 to 4.30, and from then onwards I just lonered (new term coined) in the Vibes corner, waiting for Mr Wong to reach bar 127 so that I could hit something and be useful a grand total of two times.

  Speaking of playing -- Janika spon-ed drumset today for our Pop Medley!

  Also speaking of our Pop Medley - it looks so complicated omg I can't imagine how anyone could have arranged it THANK YOU VICTORIA <3

  But I think that our whole section's improving really steadily!! Today during sectionals we all managed to play semiquavers in sync (which is a very very very big feat for 6 teenagers playing crotchet=163 on very loud drums) and even though it all poofed back into nonexistence when we tried playing the whole of Mr Ora's warmup I'm still proud <3

  Also LOHITHA please stop stressing out over Pop Medley okay we'll all slowly learn it together with you and make sure you're done and ready to play scoreless by the 6th of November.

  Okay the scoreless thing is a bit far-fetched but you get my point

  (In case a sleepy person comes back to read this post and does not get my point, my point is that Lohitha should chill)

  Also I would like to commend Mr Wong for being so expressive in his conducting - the fact remains that how much a band gives you is how much you ask from them.

  And Hanis we missed you :'( Please come back soon and write here too

  I think that's all we did for band prac today!! Gomen for not having much to write eheheh oh wells I'll try to become more articulate in the far future

  See y'all next band prac!

  Much much love and dinosaurs,
  Kirsten
  RGSSB Percs Batch '18

No comments: