Friday, March 11, 2016

SCGS Exchange :))

Hello! I'm Hanis and it's my first time blogging so um... it will suck A LOT. Also, I think this is the first blog post of this year... It's March!!! I think I procrastinate too much :O

Anyway, RGSSB had an exchange with SCGS band on 25 Feb and it was really fun. The people, well the percs section at least, were really friendly and at the end of the exchange, they gave us a lot of sweets and we only gave them a packet of chocolate and one Ferrero Rocher each. But at least our card was nicer hehe. Thanks Victoria <3

We played Witch and The Saint. It sounded terrible when we were playing but it was not that bad. It was better than our practices so good job guys!!! I think the stage is structured a bit weirdly so like the people on stage think they sound bad but to the audience, they actually sound quite good? I have no idea. But what I do know is that I actually did exercise on that day (the most I have exercised this year). I had to play my tambourine part, the one that I keep forgetting, and the tambourine was so far away from the chimes:( So I had to run fast because I only had only 2 bars of rest. I came in late in the end but I feel fitter? Not really. While typing this blog entry, I am eating cookies. I am so fat and unhealthy. URGH!!!

SCGS band is so pro. They played 2 songs and one of them sounds like a spy song and it was damn cool. Lohitha was fangirling over the bongo finger roll thing. And like they sounded really pro and amazing. Also, SCGS (like the school itself) is so freaking huge. I think their school is twice the size of our school. All of us were in awe and we were like let's leave RGS for SCGS. However, my friend (she is not in percs) started doing the UNITE cheer randomly. It was damn hilarious.

Anyway, since we have another exchange with SJI next Friday, I think we can improve on some things:

1. Get more food for SJI percs section. Let's not be stingy :))
2. Work on Gloriosa movement 3. I think it's called Dies Festus (I probably spelt it wrongly).
3. Work on Courtly Airs movement 4. We have not touched this piece since Jan so we really need to refresh our memories again.
4. Be more active on this blog :))

Well, that's it for this post. To end off (is it of or off?), here's a pic of SCGS and RGS percs combined (minus the year ones). There is an unglam pic too but I don't think we want to loose our dignity just yet. I have lost mine a long time ago :(


With <3,
Hanis

No comments: